Monday, March 1, 2010

Freedom's Wings

Freedom's Wings
BY Sharon Dennis Wyeth

The book made me feel very happy for Corey's family who had escaped slavery. This book is very much like other books with escaping slavery. This helps me understand what Corey's family is going through. This book is a very good book because it is like living through it and you can just feel the excitement pop out of the book.

Corey changes greatly throughout the book. His biggest change was from a slave who was very sad turned into a free confident boy. He changed because he was free and there was no more slavery. His mother changes too. She changes because she was very afraid to run away but she gathered her courage after being treated badly and ran away.

The problem of the story was solved when Corey's family makes it to Canada and becomes freed slaves. I would change the book to make it longer and tell us what happens when they get to Canada. The author was trying to say that slavery is wrong.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed this blog entry, I like the way you described the character's changes. It made it easy to understand how the characters felt. Even though I have read this book, I think you should include why Corey and his mother ran away, also, I think you can include how he got into the entire mess. And just to tell you, the book is continued, if you want to read it, it's name is Flying Free.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked this blog entry. Why didn't you say a big event, WHY did Corey and his mother run away? I agree that it would be a lot better if they did tell you what they did in Canada, I have not read the book but it sounds really good. What happened to his dad? Other than that it was very good and I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete